M & S Rare Books

Home > Subjects > Search Results > Document Information

Document Information
Our descriptions are copyrighted, and may not be reproduced without permission. (title 17, U. S. Code).

 
Click Here to Order or for More Info
  M & S Library Number: 25918
 

    (IOWA). (RAILROAD). Articles of Incorporation of the Coon Valley Railroad Co. [Caption title]. Broadside, 11-5/8" x 6-7/8", text in three columns, signed in type by six officers at conclusion. [N.p: 1868]. Margins cropped very close, touching the bottom line of text with slight loss. An ink notation on verso has migrated through, faintly, to recto. $200.00

     

         The company, to be headquartered at Adel (Dallas Co.), west of Des Moines, apparently never got off the ground: The History of Dallas County (1879) mentions only two other railroads in Adel Township. The purpose was to construct a line from Adel along the Raccoon River Valley to Van Meter, Iowa, a distance of about 6 or 7 miles, connecting there with the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific line. Operations were to commence on December 4, 1868. The Directors are: F.S. Graham; Benjamin Greene; Era Willard; J.R. Van Meter; Emanuel Goughnour; William A. Wilson; and James B. Brenton. Joseph H. Strong is to be Secretary and Treasurer. The History of Dallas County states that Adel, the county seat, was laid out in 1847. Joseph H. Strong built a grist-mill there in 1856 and Benjamin Greene had a vineyard as well as thirty acres in fruit trees.

    No publications relating to the Coon Valley Rail Road found in WorldCat.

 

Valid HTML 4.01!  
 
HOME    |    M & S PRESS    |    SUBJECTS    |    SEARCH    |    CONTACT